Existing Member?

Katie can't sit still "Life is good if you're brave enough to live it the way you want to".

Working, Oh Wellington!

NEW ZEALAND | Sunday, 9 December 2007 | Views [457] | Comments [2]

Its been a while since I've updated, so i will try to fit it all in!

Paul and I have gotten ourselves a house ( subleting from college students who are home for the summer) in Newtown, which is about a 5 minute drive or bus ride from city center. The rent is cheap ,and the people we live with are ok...2 czech dudes, 2 english girls and one chinese girl. It gets a bit crowded, but we make it work. I got a job as a relief worker for day care centers in wellington, but the work wasnt steady and very unreliable...so i got a job at the wellington regional aquatic center!

i teach swim lessons at the WRAC, and i am in the water for about 6 hours a day...i've been there a week and already destroyed my bathingsuit ( or Togs as they call them here) adn most of my skin as well. i now only use baby oil as moisturiser!

everyone at the pool is really nice and very helpful, and its fun being the one with an accent! its good work and i also have to train to be a lifeguard here...thats next week. i have to get back in shape, and i also have been practicing a 5 meter dive ( thats 17 feet, folks) to the bottom of the pool. yikes! its scary, but its fun too. I will also become a certified diving instructor there as well!

its strange for it to be so hot here and also christmas at the same time. we've been trying to get to the beaches as much as possible, and are enjoying the sunny days.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

Dear Katie and Paul:

M E R R Y * * * C H R I S T M A S

Have you visited many Catholic churches? Are they different in some of the 'routines' or 'set-ups'?

Your jobs sounds tiring and trying, but very exciting!!!

You are in our thoughts by day and out prayers by night.

We miss you and think of your routine and adventures all the time!!

God Bless You!

Hugs & Kisses,

Nana and Auntie Joanne and Uncle Patrick XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

  Nana, Auntie Joanne and Uncle Patrick Dec 21, 2007 3:03 PM

2

Dear Katie and Paul:

M E R R Y * * * C H R I S T M A S

Have you visited many Catholic churches? Are they different in some of the 'routines' or 'set-ups'?

Your jobs sounds tiring and trying, but very exciting!!!

You are in our thoughts by day and our prayers by night.

We miss you and think of your routine and adventures all the time!!

God Bless You!

Hugs & Kisses,

Nana and Auntie Joanne and Uncle Patrick XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

  Nana, Auntie Joanne and Uncle Patrick Dec 21, 2007 3:05 PM

About kmccabe

just me.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.