Existing Member?

Katie can't sit still "Life is good if you're brave enough to live it the way you want to".

Wellington NZ

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 8 November 2007 | Views [395]

We arrived in wellington on november 5th, guy fawkes day. as we drove into the city, the fireworks were going off, and we pretended it was for us!

we checked into downtown backpackers, which was actually an old hotel and part of the historic trust in the city. it was too big and impersonal for us, so we moved to rosemere backpackers, which is also in a better location in teh city. we like this city very much, as it has a "cool" vibe, and lots of funky people. its near the water and mountians (that describes most of this country, though) and its very easily navigable on foot. the weather has been good to us, but its a very windy city here! its a bit colder in nz overall than either one of us expected, and we are chilly with our t-shirts, sandals, and light sweatshirts.

we opened bank accounts ( very easy), got our tax numbers, and are now on the job hunt. i think it will be easy for both of us to get jobs, and our goal is to be employed within a week or two! we plan on staying in wellington for a few months as well. so far so good!

Tags: Work

 

About kmccabe

just me.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.