Existing Member?

Notes from a Wandering Daydreamer Life as it should be...

finally some progress

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 15 June 2008 | Views [326]

So finally, eight months after I arrived in the UK I have now set the wheels in motion for my next big adventure.

I now find myself living and working in a tiny Dorset village in springtime. it's all so english and quaint. Living in London over xmas and the winter started off fun, but it soon came grey cold and depressing. not to mention expencive! It's a great city, but living there is just so full on.


I have been reading back over my old blogs that I wrote during my travels last year, and I cant believe that I did so much in my time away, compared to the past few months here in England. It seems life a lifetime ago that i was cycling through Thailand, tubing through laos, exploring cambodia, gunning my way through vietnam, struggling through china, galloping through mongolia and watching russia roll by through train windows.

Im really excited for the next phase to begin, and im so relieved that I now know what it is that I want to do.
So I have two more weeks at work here at the Langton Arms in, before heading back to London for a few big days catching up with everyone there (esp Dani!) and going to pride. cant wait! then ont the 7th I’m going to fly out to Portugal, and make my way to Barcelona for my flight to Rome on the 16th. I know that its not long at all, but its all that i can afford - both money and time wise. After Rome i’m hoping to head eastwards, catching a ferry to albania and work my way through macedonia, northern greece, hopefully turkey, bulgaria and romania before heading to karkow to meet up with aleks!!!! I cant wait to see her again, esp in karkow of all places. it’s going to be great.


From there, im hoping to head up to the baltics, Lithuania, latvia and estonia, before flying home to london from helsinki or stockholm. so it should be a few big and eventful months ahead!!!!

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.