Existing Member?

Notes from a Wandering Daydreamer Life as it should be...

here comes the sun...

CROATIA | Wednesday, 10 October 2007 | Views [519]

ahhhhhhhhhhhh. beautiful croatia.

I was a bit tired when i wrote the last blog, so i left a bit of the details out, but now we are in beautiful sunny croatia and absolutley LOVING it! we arrived in split at 7am after the overnight train from Budapest and we walked along the empty streets (except for one lady stalking us and trying to offer us accomodation) and took in the sunrise over the harbour, watching a little old man do donuts in his little boat that was only just bigger than he was.

We later walked around the beautiful old town on the "walking tour" that turned out to be only about 200m.
We had time to kill until our 2pm ferry to Hvar, and the tourist buses had now arrived and it was starting to get quite hot, so we went for a walk to find the beach. although it was sandy, it was nothing to write home about by australian standards.

It just happened to be that it was their independance day, so quite a few shops were closed. people also dont seem to eat in croatia. we couldnt find anywhere that served food, except for one bakery.

we arrived in beautiful Hvar and our host picked us up and brought us to their house. we are staying upstairs (just a minute ago as i was on the computer the old man came out to give me a plate of fish!) and i even have a double bed! luxury! our balcony has a amazing view over the bay and islands with the boats coming and going.

we spent the day sunbaking would you believe it! we even went in the water which was a bit chilly at first but still pleasant. although in the afternoon the clouds started to come in and it got a little bit cooler.

the island is just so beautiful, i wil post some photos soon i hope. tomorrow we are heading to another island for 2 nights, then onto dubrovnik for 4 nights where i will have my birthday! boy it has snuck up on me.

i now have a flight to england on the 21st, so the end is nigh on my travels for now. but before then i still plan to vist mostar and sariejavo in bosnia. so there will be a few more blogs yet.

but for now i am just making the most of sunshine before heading to a bleak english winter

 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.