Existing Member?

Notes from a Wandering Daydreamer Life as it should be...

back in bangkok......again

THAILAND | Sunday, 22 July 2007 | Views [393]

now back in bangkok temporalily, before heading north-east to laos on monday. I think that i'm a little bit glad to be leaving Thailand for a while, its just about worn me out.

Since my last post, I went south to Ko Chang, with some of the guys from Makhampom. We met up at Bangkok train station after arriving from Chiang Mai on different trains, and got oursleves our own private minibus to take us the few hours drive to the ferry. It quickly became the party bus. The fact that it was only 9:30 in the morning didnt stop us on stocking up on a few cold beer changs before we left, and there were frequent stops along the way - although they soon became more because of our weak bladders.

As a result, when we arrived, we checked into bungalows that although seemed ok, the next moring after a big night out, we soon realised our mistake and couldnt pack our bags quick enough and move down the beach to somewhere nicer.  It was raining heavily, the roof was leaking, everything was wet and dirty, and we woke up with a kitten in our bed.

That all did something bad to my body, as i barely got out of bed for the whole day. even the next two days i wasnt feeling very good. I was feeling over the islands before even doing anything there.

However on my last day-as luck would have it, i was feeling heaps better..
Nothing beats driving round on dodgy scooters on dodgy roads with other dodgy drivers speeding towards you. suprisingly i didnt crash, even thouh i havent ridden a motorbike since i was in primary school. although having your back tyre slide out on a patch of dirt while going down hill with a minivan approaching can be a little nervewrecking. using all my expert driving skills and bare feet, i soon had her back on track.

yesterday i went to the weekend markets. you havent seen a market until you come to this puppy. it's like it's own city. whatever you could possibly want was there, and there was so much nice stuff, not just crap. it almost made me wish i was flying home like the others just so i could do more shopping, rather than just buy a few tshirts and thongs. - i lost one thong in roadworks in chiang dao. i think its now burried under the road, and i lost my chux shirt on the beach in ko chang [very upset about that one!]

its a good thing that im over bangkok now, because i just bought harry potter [after seeing the latest movie in IMAX 3D -awesome! ] and now i dont want to do anything but finish reading it! IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOODDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

something for me to do tonight on the train north to laos....

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.