Existing Member?

Nicholas & Kathryn go AWOL

Belgium and France

BELGIUM | Thursday, 5 November 2009 | Views [256]

Arrived in Brussels quite late on the 27th October, but our B & B hosts were really nice and stayed up for us! Our two full on days of Belgium included Brussels on the first day, tried beer, chocolate and visited the Musical Instrument Museum which is actually quite cool. The second day we caught the train to Bruges and did a similar thing, tried the beer and chocolate, just in case it's different in a different city and visited the chocolate museum Choco-Story. From Brussels we caught the train to Paris where we decided to stay 5 nights instead of the original 3. We did all the usual sights, Eiffel Tower by day and night, climbed the stairs of it, went to Arc de Triumph, Lourve etc. We intended on going to the Catacombs but they were closed due to vandilism so we shall go to them in Austria. We went and found Jim Morrisons grave in the pouring rain, sung a few Doors songs to brighten our mood... We did a day trip to Bayeux and visited the War Musuem dedicated to the 1944 Battle of Normandy. It was interesting stuff how the Allies pushed the Germans back out of France. We did quite a lot of wandering around just soaking up the atmosphere, we really enjoyed Paris. From there we caught the train yesterday down to Nice. Obviously it's a lot cooler down this way now so we won't be swimming. We spent the day looking around the town, climbed a hill, of course, to get some views. Went to the contemporary art museum just for something different, and different it was!! I wonder what goes on in the heads of some of them..... Off to Monaco tomorrow, 2nd smallest country in the world after the Vatican, cool.

About kiwi_kids


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Belgium

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.