Existing Member?

Nicholas & Kathryn go AWOL

Greece

GREECE | Thursday, 15 October 2009 | Views [380]

Well here we are on our holiday from our holiday! Arrived in Athens on a flight from Milan on the 5th October. Spent two nights in Athens, checked out the sights, including the temple of Zeus and the Acropolis. Very very old, but still very cool. From there we caught the ferry to Santorini for 4 nights. Santorini was simply amazing. We stayed at Perissa Beach on the Eastern side of the island. We did a day trip to the volcano and hot springs and watched the sunset at Oia. The following day we hired a 4 wheeler and rode round the island, went to a few of their beaches and Ancient Thira. Watched another beautiful sunset at the lighthouse on the cape. Next stop was Naxos. We ended up staying three nights on Naxos as our ferry didn't go the day we wanted due to bad weather. We also hired a 4 wheeler on Naxos and went right round the island, looking at all the villages. Naxos is the largest and greenest of the Cyclades. We arrived in Paros yesterday by ferry. Have just been chilling out here, the weather is not as warm anymore so haven't been tempted to swim, just been going for walks and I've been for a few runs. Been reading heaps the both of us, it has been nice to just sit back, relax and take it all in. Only 8 weeks left of our trip now, we've been going for 15!!!!

About kiwi_kids


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.