Existing Member?

Nicholas & Kathryn go AWOL

Croatia

CROATIA | Saturday, 26 September 2009 | Views [410]

We are at the end of our stay in Croatia. Started off in Dubrovnik last Thursday where we spent two days looking around the old city and walls. We climbed the walls and got great views of Dubrovnik and the coast. It was there that we met our tour group for our 8 days of sailing up the coast to Split. Every day was pretty much the same and went like this.....breakfast bell went at 8am, then we read on deck until about 11.30am, then our first swim stop and lunch on deck at 12.30. Start motoring (not sailing!) again until about 4pm when we reach the island we are staying at for the night. Our guide Andrea takes us on a wee tour and then we are free to roam and meet up again later on for dinner at a restaurant or picnic at the beach. We usually all stuck together and had drinks. We had some pretty crazy nigghts of which one was a dress up Pirates party! That was fun and something I did not expect to be doing on our holiday! The water in Croatia is amazing, I have never seen water so blue. I am proud to say that I jumped off the top deck of the boat, which probably means nothing to you all, but it was high enough and had the other deck jutting out so I had to jump over that to the water. And Nicholas and I went white water rafting for our first time. It was a grade 2 so baby steps!!! We reckon we could do a grade 3 or 4 though, as it wasn't that hard but we really enjoyed doing it and taking in some pretty amazing scenery. Next stop is Slovenia where we are for three nights which includes 2 at Bled, apparently the train trip there is supposed to be amazing, more great stuff to look forward to.

About kiwi_kids


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.