Existing Member?

Kerry's New Zealand Escape "Life is like fine wine. You'll enjoy it much more if you share it with others."

2 Month Update

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 24 November 2007 | Views [621] | Comments [1]

Hi all! I figured I'd write a little note on here to update everyone with my trip thus far. Hard to believe it's almost been 2 months already!

Been hanging out with Ellie in my tiny apartment so far. But, she is packing up and leaving with a girl (Tessa) we met from Vancouver at the bar last night and taking a Kiwi Experience bus all over the south island. She leaves Monday or Tuesday. Sniff. It's been nice having company all this time. Weirdly, Tessa even went to Western University for a few years, I think at the same time as me!

I am moving this Saturday (Dec 1) from my crappie flat to a new place in Herne Bay... which is the wealthy part of Auckland! woohoo! I'm pumped - it's a rundown house but heaps of room and there's little beaches all over within walking distance. The weather is just warming up enough to brave the freezin ocean waters. The best part of my new flat is that it's almost HALF the rent I pay now! Score! It's a quick bus ride to work but still an easy walk to the downtown.

Yes, I have another job as well. This week I haven't been doing much work wise but I have a couple months guarenteed work at an ad agency called Mint FCB. I am the "administrative co-ordinator" which really means I order food, alcohol, art supplies, and greet clients when they arrive (which is hardly ever). So ya, cruisy job. But it's nice to have some sort of income for a while. The people seem nice and I'll have a computer and outlook so look forward to e-mails!! hehe

Tomorrow (Sunday Nov 25) I am participating in the Auckland Harbour Crossing ocean swim. It starts at 7:30am!! eekk and I am swimming 2.8km across the Auckland Harbour from Stanley Beach to the Viaduct - in a wetsuit of course. I am sooorta been training a bit..but partying too a little precedence this week. Should be ok. I participated in an ocean training clinic last Saturday and we swam to an island and back (picture will eventually in the pix section) which was 1600m. It was a walk in the park. The only part I'm nervous about is getting acclimatized to the chilly water before I start swimming. It really knocks the wind outta you when you first get in. Ellie gave me a great tip to get warm -- pee in the wetsuit lol. haha eeewwww.

Well I am outta internet time now so I will go...but look forward to some pix in the near future. I have a TON, just no time to post them all :)

luv ya all and miss ya.

muah

 

Tags: The Great Outdoors

Comments

1

Hi, Kerry,

Congratulations on completing your ocean swim!!!! Now that you literally "have your feet wet :)" you will be able to compete without worry in the future. What an experience!!! Also congratulations on your latest job posting. Hope you enjoy the position, and much luck on your change of abode. Sorry you will miss Ellie for a while, but it sounds as if she may be returning. Know you will probably meet some new folks on the job.

Lots of luck and love, Gram and Ed..........

  Shirley Worrall-Roberts Nov 26, 2007 2:58 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.