Existing Member?

When I grow up I want to be a world traveller. am going to costa rica. not for any reason in particular, but just because i can. to have an awesome time, in one of the world's most beautiful countries. surfing, learning spanish, exploring rainforests, friendly encounters... pura vida! or i hope...

tortuguero...loving costa rican caribbeanness

COSTA RICA | Tuesday, 15 April 2008 | Views [674] | Comments [2]

ok...so there's a bit of a gap in time between where i left off and where i am now! finally got to tortuguero village after our wet boat trippy and found cabiñas, again, in a more indigenous area. i keep on amazing myself how we end up in situations where we're the only (tourists) in the hotel in an area that is basically as local as it can get. too bad that when we went exploring the little village we ran into sooooo many germans and americans. white sneakers, zipp-off pants (i'll be dead before i will wear one of those...sorry if this sounds offensive) and a big, big camera hanging on the man's bulging beer belly. sounds like a pretty attractive sight in such a wonderful surrounding, not? well, we found a lovely place where we could get some great caribbean food and had such a brilliant view of the ocean (rightly called 'princesa' - hammocks hanging everywhere. if i could, i'd just live in one right there. ok...not in the rain we had there.... went off to see a football game on some field (apparently it was pretty professional), that rocked. ate some more (man, do i eat a LOT here!), hopped to bed for early morning waking. went on a canoe trip with a massive caribbean guy. he was wild: said...not much basically, gave us first class seats to look at this massive belly of his (this is really weird: men w/ the bulging stuff think it's highly necessary and seem to find it masculine to put up their t's and show off this huge part of their bodies...am not so sure if i like it, tho! anyways, saw lots of monkeys, butterflies, birds, small crocs, birdies and shitloads of tourists in boats with motors!! AND WHAT do you think is the best way to chase away all those things that i could've seen? a boat full of americans and germans with there giant camera's.

anyways, had a turtle tour in the evening (where i thought it wouldn't be too much of a hike, but turned out to be 2 hours worth of walking in the sand!!!) but with no luck since we just missed them....booohoooooo. no really not joking. the hike for nothing much was 'kak'. and that after the most amazing sunset on the river, with some reggaeton on the background....

got a boat to cariari. and may i tell you all: it was seriously exciting since there wasn't enough water for the boat to get through! you'd think u'd just cancel the ride, but nope: in costa rica, pura vida, they just do it. get out of the boat, drag it a couple of metres, get in again, drag it again...it was special, really!! just for the fun of it, y'all should take the public boat out of tortuguero :D, it's sick!  

Tags: boaty fun, canoeying, caribbean food, tortugas (or rather the lack of them), tortuguero, tourists

Comments

1

sounds like you're having an awesome! we'll miss you in samara!

  jenn Apr 15, 2008 10:15 AM

2

I LOVE your commentary on big-belly men

  olivia Apr 19, 2008 11:59 PM

About kitcat

fruit salad w/ more icecream than fruit didn't rock as much...

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.