Existing Member?

Emily and Kirk Adventures

Phuket, Thailand

THAILAND | Friday, 11 November 2016 | Views [386]

We cut our stay on Koh Lanta a couple of days short, because I made a last minute decision to have a fractional laser facial in Phuket.  This meant that we needed a couple of extra days in Phuket, so that my face could heal before we traveled to our next destination.  I did some research and found that Phuket is a perfect place to take advantage of incredible prices on procedures like this.  At home, this treatment would cost about $2,000, but I paid only $214 and my experience and my results were exactly as promised.  I’ll admit to being a little apprehensive at first, but the clinic I visited was spotlessly clean and modern.  The staff were very professional and explained everything clearly and carefully.  I never felt uncomfortable, from the minute I walked through the door.  I won’t bore you with before and after photos, but take my word for it…the results are great.  I highly recommend Radiant Medical Center, if you are considering any skin treatments.  They have a variety of dermatological services available.

www.radiantmedicalphuket.com  

While we were in Phuket, there was a deluge of rain and the parking structure for the hotel across the street flooded.  Our room had a front-row view of the damage and we watched for two days as they pumped out the water and tried to salvage the items, cars, and motorbikes that were stored there.  Thankfully no one was injured, but it was quite a mess.

Since I had to stay out of the sun for a couple of days, we didn’t venture out too much during the day, but we did visit the newly-built Jungceylon Mall and we saw a movie at the theater in the mall.   Kirk had been contemplating diving since the beginning of the trip.  He took advantage of this time to find a dive shop that provides practice dives in a pool first.  He has had trouble with clearing his ears in the past, and didn’t want to spend a lot of money if he wouldn’t be able to get past that step.  He was able to clear his ears after a couple of tries, but we had to leave Phuket before he could go on any actual dives.  He’s saving that for another island!  

Tags: #kirmily, #phuket

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.