Existing Member?

The Travel Bug

The adventure of Pisa!

USA | Saturday, 28 June 2008 | Views [250]

Yep just in case you were curious the tower is still leaning in Pisa!  Took a bus then two trains and another bus to get there but I made it!  I have learned when in doubt ask the question...otherwise who knows where in Italy you might end up! 

So interesting this roman architecture...Considering they starting building the tower in 1173 they were very smart cookies....except when it came to the base construction.  That is why it is leaning...basically the foundation is crumbling.  Again it is this magnificent structure made of marble how they did it I have no idea?  It took them over 300 years and I dont really understand why they built it...from where it is in the city you can not see past the hills...so beats me!  Cuddos to them though for making the most well known tower in the world!

My trip home was uneventful but yet fun and interesting!  I have finally learned how to figure out the train schedule so jumped on a train headed for Florence got off in Empoli to change trains for the one located to Siena...no issues there made it to Siena just fine.  Got off the train and jumped on the bus 9 to go home... Huh?  Weird I do not recognize a thing about this route...maybe it goes around the back way.  All the aged italians get off and finally one last woman was on the bus and as she got off she was looking at me like...are you coming?  I sat there then the bus driver stopped the engine and swung around and looked at me like "whats up?"  I said Dove Piazza Antonio Gramisci? (where is the center Antonio Gramisci?)  he just looked at me and laughed and said...this is the end bella.  SHIT!  Where the eff am I?  I asked him to show me on the map and he basically showed me that we were off the map literally.  I was out in the egypt of Siena.  Shit!  Of course being my mothers daughter..I started to cry.  Haha!  That got him!  Oh bella he said you wait here with me for an hour I cheer you up then we go again okay?  Did I mention he was a young SUPER cute guy? No Lie! Guess my day could have ended a lot worse!  He was a nice guy in his 20s and tried to speak to me in broken english..but man!  Those Italians know how to flirt and make a girl feel welcome!  Tee hee! 

I have two days left in Siena..I think.  Dont really know what day it is anymore!  I guess that is a good thing?  I am looking forward to maybe getting to sleep in a bit tomorrow I have those wonderful travel eyes that are red and puffy both from the heat and not sleeping well cuz I am in some crazy foreign country! 

About kimroehl


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.