Existing Member?

The Matiussi-Pimm's Travels

We Arrive in Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 8 April 2012 | Views [543]

Hi all! Well, we we travelled fairly well on the train - thanks to Bianca, Jack and Sandy who drove us over to Casino and waved us off - it was a race between Sandy and Jakc to see who could run furthest with the train! And thanks to Mum (Monica) for all her help and patience with getting us ready to go over the preceding week. Read: ironing most of our clothes for a start. and much more.

Once we got going, Chris made some friends with some other kids, while Nick and Elena listened to music, and we all really appreciated the yummy sandwiches made for us by our wonderful neighbour and spare grandma Alida. Later on, Elena fell asleep on her pillow, and  Nick and Chris found spots on the floor, half under the chairs and stretched out and slept there. With Chris off the chair next to me, and Roberto having no-one next ot him, we also could both manage to fall asleep and not do too badly either.

We awoke to a most beautiful sunrise over the waters north of Sydney, and I began to feel some kind of bliss that, yes, it is the holidays and it is time to relax and take it easy, and just let ourselves cruise on.

We arrived at Sydney Central and were met by our friend John, just after I began worrying that perhaps he had forgotten us. My mobile had of course run out of battery so I couldn't call him, but just as I began wondering what to do, he strode up from behind us with his cup of coffee, all ready to drive us home. How lucky we are. Roberto, besides not fitting into the car, took the opportunity to instead dash off to collect a few last minute gifts.

John drove the rest of us to our friends' place in Tempe which is located conveniently close to the airport, (and the Tempe train station as well). There we unloaded our many bags and piled in for breakfast and a good and restful day. We had been invited to a friends' house warming that afternoon, but when the cold wind blew up, we realised that what we really needed was to take it easy and just get ready for our trip o/s. So a couple of little walks to the park was all that we did that day, some good food and a bit of TV, and a good night's sleep.

Today (Sunday) we did go out again - where to? Paddy's Market! But I'll have to tell that story later as it is gettin rather late, and tomorrow is the big day of the flight from one side of the Pacific Ocean to the other, so I had better finish now and say goodnight. Hope you all had a nice Easter Sunday, and I expect that the next time I write I will already be in South America.

Till then!

Kerrie.

About kimpixie


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.