Existing Member?

My Way To capture every aspect of my journeys along the Caminos de Santiago. From planning to walking to home again, I want to record the feelings, insights, experiences and transformation that occur for me every step of The Way.

I Am Blessed

SPAIN | Wednesday, 25 April 2012 | Views [570] | Comments [4]

Hello Dear Loved Ones!

Okay, first leg of the journey was a success and I am in Madrid! I experienced smooth travelling all the way, for which I´m very thankful, and even caught some shut-eye on the plane. The Hostal San Blas is everything I need and I enjoyed a very beautiful meal just across the street. From the little I´ve seen, it´s a beautiful city, with lots of striking architecture...but I won´t be here to take it in long as I´m off to Seville early tomorrow morning. City life has never really appealed to me, anyway, and I´m eager to get out on the trail.

But this post isn´t about Madrid, and the actual comings and goings of travel can be boring, I know, so let´s move along because this post is really about all of YOU!

I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every person that attended the Firekeepers Sweat and my Bon Voyage party (both physically and energetically) over the weekend before my departure. I feel so very loved and honoured by each of you, thank you. Let´s recap:

The Firekeepers Sweat

(Brief intro: I am a Firekeeper of the Sacred Healing Fire in Orangeville, ON. The Fire burns for four days and three nights every Solstice and Equinox. The Firekeepers are a small and dedicated group of people who, in addition to tending the Sacred Healing Fire, also work together between fires to maintain the land itś held on and create collective intention via sweats and visualization with drumming meditations.)

WOW! What movement, what insight! The intent that we went into the sweat with was of detaching...as most of you know, my partner of 11 years and I split up just 6 months ago and it´s been a tumultuous, raw time for me. In embarking on this journey I wanted to go with no extra baggage, other than the pack on my back, so this was a biggie for me. I´ve been really working on becoming `unstuck´ and the sweat was very helpful in assisting me to move on psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually. Blessings to the Firekeepers in bearing witness and holding sacred space for me to accomplish this. I, too, honour your personal shifts and give great thanks for the work we do as a collective.

The other, very important, intent that we went into the sweat with was to learn to encompass and radiate love back to those who give it so freely. I have this tendency to, when receiving a compliment,diminish it. I am honoured to say that lately others have proclaimed that I´m a nurturer, kind, wise...and I hear these compliments, but I have difficulty taking them in. My self-doubt and sense of not being worthy come into play and, so, what is it I radiate back to the beautiful other whose given the compliment? Just that: self doubt and unworthiness. In no way does my inability to step into my light and shining serve anyone. This lesson has been a long time coming, but I finally get it! I really get it! And so, I claim being a nurturer, being kind, being wise! I must in order to radiate it back into the world and allow others to step fully into their beauty and shining. What a powerful truth this is! I feel truly moved and blessed to be able to move into this place fully.

The Bon Voyage Party

What a night! I owe some of you an apology upfront. The location got changed last minute because, somehow, it escaped me that exams finished just the day before and the bars were packed!!! Needless to say, those present with me tried our damnedest to get in touch with everyone, but I know there were a couple of you that got lost in the shuffle. I am so sorry!

So, long story short, it was freezing out and we ended up on a patio due to capacity, which wasn´t very fun for anyone. Spontaneously we took the party to a friends back garden, fetched our drums and rattles, and raised a ruckus beside the outdoor fire with bottles of wine, beer and liqour until the wee hours of the morning! Now THAT is a party, a real ceremony! And, oh my, the LOVE! I was moved to tears over and over when holding each of you as you slowly departed and made your ways home over the night. So many of you are so friggin´ talented! I think the entire neighbourhood enjoyed our musical merriment, we totally rocked it together, my loved ones!

We Walk Together

And so, here I am. And here you are. I feel you with me. I´m gifted with feelings of abundant support and comfort because of it. Every step I take on my journey I know one or more of you will be accompanying me...I just know. I´m blown away by the quantity and qaulity of the friendships and familial relationships I have and the honesty and love each of you reciprocates with me. I don´t know how it happened, that I came to attract such loveliness into my life, but there you are, you beautiful, shining mirror, you! I love you so much. Blessed Be. K

P.S. I seem to be having a problem uploading JPG photos from my SD card to this site...if any of my smarty-pants friends have any suggestions, I would certainly love to hear them!

 

Comments

1

Nice to read your words sweet woman. walk on! ;)

  Myriam Apr 27, 2012 1:45 AM

2

Awesome!!!!!! The book I am currently reading is by Shirley MacLaine, The Camino, A Journey of the Spirit....What an awesome story.... I know that you, my daughter, will feel the spirits below your feet, guiding you on a Wonderful Journey.......Love You!!!!

  Mum Apr 27, 2012 6:24 AM

3

I am so excited, I feel like I am with you. Keep posting, so I can stay conencted on our journey. You are a brave wise women, whom I love dearly.
Manon

  Manon Apr 27, 2012 9:24 AM

4

Glad to be part of your gang and privy to your journey, Kim. A gift for me.
I've been pondering this physical pilgrimage - something about our bodies holding memory and falling into rhythm and then tapping into a knowing and a flow ...
With you,
Svet

  Svet Apr 27, 2012 10:55 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.