Existing Member?

My Way To capture every aspect of my journeys along the Caminos de Santiago. From planning to walking to home again, I want to record the feelings, insights, experiences and transformation that occur for me every step of The Way.

New Season, New Way

SPAIN | Monday, 30 September 2013 | Views [569] | Comments [2]

Hola Todos!

How blessed I feel by the heart warming responses I've received since my last post. Forgive me for not being in contact more frequently but up here in the mountains we are, quite literally, ofen in the middle of nowhere. And you know what? I'm really loving being unplugged. I spent a whole lot of time in front of a computer screen the past couple of years and having no electronics, no computer, no phone...is amazing. Not that I don't miss being is close contact with you...I do. But having been unplugged for 4 weeks now, it's become quite clear to me how much of a break my brain really needed. It is, apparently, my body's turn to be in maximum overdrive now and it's liking being behind the wheel. Man, I feel awesome. My knee told me that I had to stop putting so much pressure on it, the other and my calves and I'velearned to transfer the strain of the intense climbs to the larger hamstring and glut muscles and to let them do the big work. The rewards of tuning in are many...my injury is fully healed, I'm less tired at the end of the day and my ass looks awesome, if I do say so, myself :)

Since the passing of the Equinox and the switch to the Camino Primitivo I've been thinking a lot about transitions and what it is I have to learn from this new season...this new Way. What keeps coming is the message that it's time for me to really explore and harvest my strengths and hearts desires and to let that which does not serve me anymore fall away and die. This is a wondrous way of thinking, to be dwelling on strengths and desires when it's so easy to, instead, dwell on that which I feel must be improved or acquired. And the Universe is supporting me in this way of thinking! Everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE, I look, I see hearts. I see hearts in rocks, in clouds, in leaves, in piles of dung, in graffitti, in puddles...everywhere...everyday...many times a day. It's not as though I'm looking for them, they are just THERE, Follow us, they say. Follow us and don't worry about WHERE we are taking you, you can trust...just keep following. It is tremendously moving and wonderful. I point them out sometimes to Juan and he just shakes his head in amazement. Only you, Kim, he says...only you see this amazing thing.

Speaking of Juan, tomorrow (October 1) is his 65th birthday! Before parting Ways my dear new friend Valeri made a point of getting him a birthday card for us because he knew that Juan and I are almost always together (thanks, Valeri!) and I've been collecting messages from pilgrims that Juan connects with along the Way ever since. I plan on taking him out for champange and sweets tomorrow night and presenting him with the card. I think he will love it...but shhhh, it's a secret! ;) Out time together is quickly drawing to a close, as he must return to his home when we get to Lugo, in 3 or 4 days time. Afterwards I will travel the last few days in Santiago de Compostela by myself...but, of course, never alone.

I love you all and hope you're Way is as full of heart guided signs as mine.

Sincerely,

Kim xo

 

 

Tags: camino primitivo

 

Comments

1

You never cease to amaze me!!! Keep smiling and singing. Please pass along a message to Juan for me, thank you.
"Feliz Cumpleanos Juan, abrazo de la madre de Kim"
Love You xoxoxo

  Mum Oct 1, 2013 6:14 AM

2

open hearts and open minds..falling off the edge of the rainbow into the pot of gold. Dear Kim, sending you warm wishes of love and kisses to keep you going. the apex of the Pluto and Uranus is now upon us all and will be so until Nov 17th. so be watchful for the amazing tug between the master of control and discipline and the fool who spins us out into the realms of all possibilities. yes trust is the only way, trust measured with the wisdom of experience.

  Janice Oct 1, 2013 9:43 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.