Existing Member?

Our Travels

Day 4 - Destin

USA | Monday, 9 November 2015 | Views [132]

Heavy rain all day today so no chance to explore the beaches. Instead we drove to Destin beach to look for dolphins in the harbour, but didn't see any. Maybe they don't like the rain!

We'd checked out of yesterday's motel, thank goodness, although to be fair, we'd slept OK but breakfast wasn't great. Drove along US 98 looking for the silver sands outlet but somehow missed it, so had to turn round and drive back. Big place so how did we miss it? Sign for it isn't big! Spent hours browsing round the shops and got some great bargains. Should fit in my luggage OK.

Checked in to next hotel and what an improvement tho only 13 dollars more a night. Even have a small kitchen and dishwasher here, and they offer free laundry not that we have much yet. And a much more modern and cared for appearance to the whole place. Yippee, feel much happier about that. We've stocked up with some food too as breakfast isn't included here. So cereal and fruit tomorrow,no biscuits,much healthier.

May even get to watch a film or DVD tonight, after checking who was knocked out of strictly come dancing!

Tags: destin, outlet shopping

About kimandphil


Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.