Existing Member?

Gone Fishin' Follow your dreams

Horse Backriding in Pululahua Reserva/Volcano

PERU | Thursday, 10 April 2008 | Views [768]

Ride em cowgirl.

Ride em cowgirl.

A waiting my Galapogos trip, I decided to take a 2 day horseriding tour.  My tour agent sent me to Pululahua.  My tour was out of a ranch that is owned by a German woman, Astrid.  she has owned her ranch inside Pululahua for about 11 years.  She told me that she had wanted to have a ranch of her own since she was 6 years old.  She also said that some mornings when she wakes up she still cannot believe her childhood dream is reality.  During the 2 days we rode our horses just about through the entire volcano.  I spent the night at a fabulous hostal that is also a part of an organic farm.  The couple that own it were really great and so was the food, room and hot tub.  This world inside the volcano was like a surreal world.  After talking to my hosts, I discovered that there was a one room schoolhouse were I could teach English and live in the hostal.

The deal was set and I would return to Pululahua after my trip to the Galapagos.  By the way, the night I was there, their dog gave birth to about 10 puppies.

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.