Existing Member?

Gone Fishin' Follow your dreams

The Galapagos with Sarah

ECUADOR | Thursday, 10 April 2008 | Views [611] | Comments [1]

The Galapagos were awesome.  A place I think everyone who enjoys the outdoors should go.  If you don't like the outdoors, rent a nice video.  My long term friend Sarah and I had a great trip ( minus the bits that the tour company screwed up).  Our guides were good and we met some really nice people along the way to hang out with.  We visited 2 main islands, snorkeled with sealions and I nearly had a close encounter with an iguana.  We rode horses up to a volcano crater and hiked inside, hiked through bird and iguana nesting areas, visited turtles small and LARGE, walked through lava tubes, swam in the ocean at sunset and relaxed with nature.  It was a great week.  Sarah's last day in Quito, we went to the markets and the beauty salon.  A great end to great week. 

Comments

1

Yep, all that and more! Note: bring instant coffee when travelling to South America. (only for those who get headaches from caffeine withdrawal, like me!) Don't eat the lettuce, and everything else will fall into place one way or the other!! The ceviche is f*&*ing awesome!!! (especially when made by a galapagos native! and I hate fish!)

  Sarah Silver Jul 24, 2008 12:12 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.