Existing Member?

Gone Fishin' Follow your dreams

Trujillo, Peru

PERU | Thursday, 10 April 2008 | Views [5269]

Plaza de Armas statue in Trujillo.  Representing work, the arts and liberty.  I think one of the best plazas I visited in Peru.

Plaza de Armas statue in Trujillo. Representing work, the arts and liberty. I think one of the best plazas I visited in Peru.

Out of all the towns I have visited in Peru, I think that Trujillo has the best plaza.  The city is one of the biggest in Peru.  There are warnings about the crime.  I did have my wallet stollen.  I still have not figure out just how they did it, but I do know at least 2 or 3 guys were involved.  They are truely artists at their craft. I reported the theft to the Tourist Police, which was more of a nightmare than getting the wallet stollen.  they had no idea what to do or how to assist me.  What a joke.  After the formalities, I was back on my way to the beach for a surfing lesson.  The waves were small, and I was able to surf a few in.  What a sport, lots of work.  I also toured a bunch of different Pre Incan temples and a Pre Incan city that is in the process of excavation.  It is amazing that the original paint is still on the walls.  The carvings are spectacular.

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.