Existing Member?

Kilbilina

Praise the winter

JAPAN | Friday, 5 July 2013 | Views [331]

This photographs series is a double-feature film photo collection showcasing the daily winter days in Japan.  I use different cameras (analogue and digital) and tried to experiment with films to capture the evasive reality of beautiful land- Japan. Photography is a way to return to yourself and rediscover your senses. It doesn’t matter where you are, what’s important is what you see and how you can tell about it.

My story is not simple as the land where I come from.

However, mostly of this winter visual sketches are devoted to the rural areas of the “country of risen sun”, to local warmhearted people, to the authentic place where u can still make Japanese noodle by yourself, try real “hot spring” in cold outside weather, pray in Shinto shrine according to tradition. It’s all sacred, all is sincere.

 Shots on variety of soviet old expired films Japanese reality is renounced to be appeared in a certain way. The metaphor of everyday life is a path from the East to the West.

Days at the East seem longer.

About kilina


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.