Existing Member?

Gullivers Travels

Oliver Wayne Moredount

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 10 August 2007 | Views [993]

I was a birthing partner for my friend Malati. She did really well and it was such an experience, something I will never forget. I was helping with Sharon a vetran at having children, she has 3!!!

Its such a waiting game and its very intense. The labour was 11 hours and once she was 10cms dialated it was all happening. Baby was too big and had to be helped along with a vacum! Malati was great and I'm really proud of her.

Oliver Wayne Moredount was born at 337am on the 6th of August weighing 9lb 7oz - huge!

He has his mommys pout and he is GORGEOUS. Sharon and I looked after him while Malati went to theatre straight after he was born but after he had a cuddle with his mom. We watched him for two hours and he sucked our fingers the whole time, he was a hungry boy waiting for his mommy. It was amazing. Sharon and I finally left at 630am to leave Malati and baby in peace.

Malatis dad Wayne lost his battle with cancer only hours after Oliver was born. It was a highly emotional time. Wayne opened his eyes to see a photo on the digital camera of mom and baby. He smiled after hearing babys name when a tear came down his face and he took his last breath. He held out to see his grandson. Its a strange time as its a happy and sad occasion, I just wish I was around for a bit longer to be a support for Malati but she has her family around her and it will get easier.


I never thought i'd experience this on my trip round Australia. Its something I will never forget and will cherish always.

Tags: Doctors, hospitals & health

About kezza30


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.