Existing Member?

Gullivers Travels

Adelaide 9th March - 19th April

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 16 April 2007 | Views [1194]

I have had a fantastic time here. I have laughed everyday its been brilliant. I will be sad to leave but I am ready to begin travelling again. Ready to take on the world = ) Since being here I have been sightseeing. I have seen the Adelaide Botanical Garden. A network of paths to speciality gardens, lakes, tropical rainforest conservatory and a historic palm house. Art Gallery of South Australia, its not as good as any London Gallerys I have been to but it has a great collection of international and Australian art. There was an Egyptian exhibition on when we went and it was really interesting. The Migration Museum tells stories of the migrants who came from all over the world to make SA their home. The River Torrens runs through Adelaide and its a really nice to have a picnic down by the river. Glenelg is an old - fashioned seaside resort. Its bustling alfresco cafe strip leads to a great swimming beach which is one of Adelaides most popular. Its great to go out on a Sunday night here, its the place to be. We came here for Paulettes bday, a girlie night it was great. Me and Helen drank so many shots (me black sambuca and hels tequila) aswell as our standard vodka lime and sodas! we laughed so much my jaw ached. So many mullets its untrue - office at the front party at the back!! Still cracks me up this saying. I have cycled from Henley Beach to Glenelg many times it takes about 30mins each way. I walked it once with Frog and it took 2 hours, I got the bus back = ) St Paddys day we spent it drinking beer all day at home. We went clubbing the night before in Adelaide which was a great night. It was an early celebration of Natalies 30th bday! She hired a suite in the city and invited 30 guests for pre clubbing drinks. The fridge had broken so we all had to bring a bag of ice to keep the drinks cool in the bath. The hotel didnt know she was having a party until the reception started asking questions about why people were carrying bags of ice into the hotel! We had a few drinks then one for the road. The club was pretty good the music was great and we danced the night away. The quote of the night was in the ladies toliets; is this the que for the toilet or the mirror? - the girls in this place were obsessed whit looking good! The cab driver on the way home looked like Mr Wilson of the movie Dennis = ) I went to the Barossa Valley with Frog as he had to go to an interview there. I went after Helens bday with a hangover from too much red wine. Not the best time to be going to the wine region! Frog had to stop a few times : / Barossa is actually a misspelling of the Spanish region of Barrosa! Its rolling landscape is dotted with modest Lutheran churches and old cottages that date back to the old origional settlement of 1842. Its Australias best known wine region. I havent experienced a wine tour but they are meant to be fun. Helen celebrated her 31st bday with a murder mystery night. It was a 1920's theme and was really good. Non of us had been to a murder mystery before so it was very funny. We partied til 4am. I had to get up at 730am to go diving! Hels and Gray won best dressed, Heidi won best actress and I won the person left with the most money!! Heidi was also the murderer and no one guessed it was her. For Easter weekend I went away diving and stayed in a place called Normanville. The boys were diving the destroyer ex - HMAS Hobart which is a shipwreck. It was a 30mtr dive to which I wasnt experienced enough to do, so I spent two days relaxing on the boat catching the sun! Sat night was cramped in the room, Chappys girlfriend came and we picked up Niel(who is originally from London) on the dive. We all went out for dinner, drinks and pool. Sunday the sea was choppy and poor Amily was very sea sick! Chappy had a cold which he kindly passed onto me and Jimmy! So I have spent my last full week with a bad cold = ( After the boys finished their dive on the Sunday we picked up my gear and went off to Rapid Bay to do a shallow dive for me. Rapid Bay is renowned for Leafy Sea Dragons which I was hoping to see at least one but I didnt see any. I went down to 7.5mtrs diving under the jetty looking around for a good 30mins before it was time to get back out. It was amazing and I loved every minute of it. I havent dived for 8 years so it was all a bit scary to begin with. I stuck with it and it paid off, I saw some cool things on the sea bed I have now go the bug and cant wait to dive off The Great Barrier Reef. My last weekend. We celebrated Heidi's bday at the Ramsgate at Henley Square. We all let our hair down drinking bubbles and shots! Dancing until the early hours. We all headed to the beach afterwards and me an Helen walked straight into an invisible knee high(wire)fence - it was dark! Helen flew over it and my feet were firmly planted flat on the ground on one side while the top half of my body was hanging over. The wire was holding me back from the knee down - it hurt a lot!! Helen saved me by pushing me over backwards, she was in an awkward position too! We have some cracking bruises but laugh everytime we remember it. We must of looked hilarious. My leaving dinner was at a restraunt called Pandok Bali. I had the most amazing dry beef curry! We had more bubbles and went to a pub afterwards for lots of pool and juke box action. Singing until the early hours. Sunday was again a celebration for Nats actual 30th bday on the 16th April. We went to the 'Dublin' in Glenelg for a few glasses of bubbles and some nibbles - the food is sooo good here. My last weekend in Adelaide was awesome fun = ) Tuesday Helen and Graham recieved their Permanent Residency!! WOO HOO!!! So celebrations galore...... Sydney here they come........... Wednesday my last day/night in Adelaide! I had a phone call offering me a job when I get to Perth - how cool is that havent even got there yet. It sounds ideal but will find out all about it and fill you in!! I made dinner for Gray, Hels, Me, Frog, paulette and Heidi came too (we met on the Kangaroo Island Tour). It was a good night and lots of bubbles and red vino was consumed! Everyone stayed over and I said all my goodbyes. Me and Hels met up for lunch in the city and I had a wonderful leaving card - very funny too! reninding me of all the funny moments (there have been many) we have all shared. I will miss them very much! Said a quick goodbye to Gray - poor man he is working so hard. I nearly cried but took a deep breath and made my way to the train station with Frog. We said our goodbyes and off I went on The Indian Pacific!

Tags: Laughter

 

About kezza30


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.