Existing Member?

Gullivers Travels

Cape Tribulation 29th Aug - 13th Nov

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 21 November 2007 | Views [1258]

As they call this place Cape Trap I can see why! I origonally came for 2 nights and stayed here nearly 3 months! I bagged myself a bar job on the second day - I needed to work and thought give it a go if I dont like it I can move on. It was such a laugh we had themed nights, drinking games and competitions. It was great as everynight seemed to be a party night. It was hard for me to have a day off the booze over the time I spent working there = ) I met some really amazing people here and of which I know I will keep in touch with quite a few of them. I intend to go back one day! It is paradise and many people only stay for one or two nights and there are so many things to do. PK's is the best place to stay. Ferntrees has the best outdoor pool. Whet is the best place for food and they do awesome cocktails!! Although one of the barmen wont make flaming loonies!! = ) You have to go to the Dragonfly for breakfast - it ROCKS!

I cant rave enough about this place, it isnt for everyone but it just depends what your looking for. This was my idea of paradise and you cant get this in the UK!

I will list the tours I did there are a few. I didn't do all of them but the ones I did, I did more than once.

Paddle Trek - the morning one is the best as you go over the reef and paddle around the Cape onto Myall beach have a snack then make your way back to Cape Trib beach. I loved it. I did the sunset one aswell but you can only go to the Cape because of the tides. You can see plenty of turtles popping their heads out of the water aswell its really cool.

Rum Runner and Oddessy are the only boats which operate out of Cape Trib and the max people on each boat is 40. They go to opposite sides of the reef so the experience you get diving or snorkling here is unique. The reef is pristine and hardly been touched! Both boats are a great day out. When I was on Rum Runner I saw a whale and her calf it was so amazing it really topped the day off for me. We also had a glass of bubbly with Rum Runner or two as we knew the crew = ) I saw some amazing things its totally worth it.


Horse riding was awesome a really good ride I went on this trip twice. Once through the rain forrest and the second time we cantered on Myall Beach it was stunning and such a buzz especially if like me you havent ridden a horse for years. The guides give you plenty of chances to let loose and you stop for a snack and a swim in the creek, as it was so hot it was a much needed rest and a chance to cool off was great. If you are lucky enough you can get to take the horses into the sea which is amazing. This only happens if a group is small and in the afternoon.


Jungle Surfing - this was pretty cool. I didnt find it scary or thrill seeking but it was fun and the guide was very knowledgable on the forna which made it interesting. The views are awesome.

Bungee Helicopter - YOU HAVE TO DO THIS! This was the most amazing thing that I did in Cape Trib. It was a helicopter ride from Cow Bay up past Cape Trib and into the rain forrest over the mainland. The pilot is so experienced he made it such a great trip. We had the doors off the helicopter and it wasnt the best of days so going into the cloud was a bit scary but exciting. I loved every second and he does all sorts of trips. I plan to go back and do the Cape York trip!

The wildlife is fantastic.

There is NO mobile phone coveradge here which was strange at first but you get used to it. The internet is limited because of the coverage but its great. You really get back to nature and learn to survive without technology - I never saw tele - but why would you want to in this place eh!

On days off we would go to Cairns or Port Douglas for the day or overnight. Port Douglas is lovely really worth a visit - I could live here too!


I was gutted to leave here because of the friends I had made and I formed some strong relationships while I was here. They all made it such an amazing experience one I will NEVER forget. I left on a high.

Tags: The Great Outdoors

About kezza30


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.