Existing Member?

Gullivers Travels

Cairns 27th - Aug - 29th Aug

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 21 November 2007 | Views [1061]

I arrived in Cairns and stayed at Caravellas Back Packers - highly recommended! dropped off my stuff and went for a walk along the esplanade. To my happiness there was a fireworks display going off next to the Lagoon! I love fireworks. Then I went and had a gorgeous seafood dish at Splash before heading back for an early night. Once again up early in the morning I went on the Skyrail to Karunda and took the Scenic Railway back to Cairns. It was stunning up here and I went to the butterfly sanctuary - I love butterflies. It was really beautiful in there right up my street. There are plenty of shops/stalls to look at and some amazing aborigional art.

Cairns is a place which has everything you need and a hub for backpackers and all the diving courses are from here. Perfect for lone travellers aswell as there are so many of us around you would never be lonely. Of course the famous Woolshed is a must see experience and on the right night for women sorry guys you can get free drinks!! woo hoo. I thought i'd died and gone to heaven one night = )

As I lived in Cape Trib for 3 months this was somewhere I came for the day or sometimes overnight to get things done or go proper shopping. So Cairns was like the city for me.

Tags: Shopping

About kezza30


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.