Existing Member?

Kev's Tall Tales

Touchdown in South America!

ARGENTINA | Wednesday, 9 September 2009 | Views [241]

Upgrading our seats meant the flight flew by- excuse the pun! More legroom for old longlegs here was great and meant I even caught up on some shut eye as well as a few movies! Soppy girly ones naturally!

I would love to say Rio was a whirlwind of fiestas and booze but we merely stepped out of the airport terminal for five mins into the damp tropical night looking for our hotel which was actually on the fourth floor of the airport itself. So after an exhausting minute lift ride we arrived at our hotel room! Very excited to see an enormous curtain covering the far end of the room we rushed over to admire views of aircraft taking off and landing through what must surely be triple glazing given how quiet it was... only to find a concrete wall behind the curtain covered in a tacky mural of a tropical scene- nice.

The next day a short 3 hour flight took us from the warmth of tropical Rio to Buenos Aires and a chilly early spring evening. Walking through the streets I had this eery feeling we had got back to the beginning of the year and it was March! Usually I guess we leave cold rainy wintry Blighty for warmer climes not the other way around!

Everyone was wrapped up in thick dark winter coats and it quickly became clear that we would need to layer up the clothes we had brought to keep warm at night although the days were often sunny.

About kevin_sanderson


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.