Existing Member?

Kev's Tall Tales

Leaving London

ARGENTINA | Saturday, 5 September 2009 | Views [255]

Pack light they said...

only take the essentials...

don´t forget the first aid kit... and a pen knife... and get some wickable shirts/ t-shirts... and some gaffa tape...

Gaffa tape? For what? and what is a wickable shirt?

Spent days/ weeks in and out of every adventure/ outdoor store in London  and spent a fortune on wickable wear etc! If you need to know the current stock of any branch of Blacks in London you know who to ask! As for wicking I could write a book...

What does it take to pack a 65 litre backpack...


Three compressable plastic packing bags, two pizzas, three attempts to fit it all in, a bag of Sensations crisps, olives, chicken wings and two bottles of Rose wine...

No wonder it took til 3am!

Feeling rather hazy and full of butterflies we both marched up the road to the tube station- declaring that we had packed well and our rucksacks were light as a feather!

By the time we reached the airport we were desperate for a trolley but wouldn´t admit it!

The flight was 12 hours and yes we did upgrade but only to world travellor plus- so we slunk enviously past first class and made the most of our extra few inches legroom and threw peanuts at the passengers in economy!


Rio was a late arrival and after a little confused wandering out on to the airport´s concourse in the tropical night we located our hotel all the way on the third floor of the airport building itself.

Deep in the middle of the building our room was totally sound proofed from the noise of planes but a large curtain at one end did alarm me- a quick peak behind it revealed a lovely mural of a pastoral scene. Mmmm very Hilda Ogden-esque.


Next stop Buenos Aires!

About kevin_sanderson


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.