Existing Member?

G'Lovers Travels

1 speedboat, 4 Airplanes, 5 airports and 52 hours later

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 27 November 2010 | Views [460]

All was going well, until the flight out of Singapore was delayed. The in coming flight was delayed which had a domino effect on us leaving. I  thought for a while that I'd still make it but unfortunately we landed at Hong Kong International airport at 1.10am which is when my connecting flight was scheduled to leave! So Cathay Pacific arranged for a hotel stop for me at the airport. This was very nice and meant I could have a shower although the hotel was so big that I had trouble finding the reception! Have you ever been so disoriented through tiredness that you begin to annoy yourself because all rational thinking goes out of the window?! Well that was what I was like last night. When I did finally find reception I was told that the room I was allocated was on floor 3 in the North wing (yes that's how bloody big it was I was in 'a wing'….very appropriate being attached to an airport and all!) Trouble was when I went where the Chinese man at reception directed me to go my number wasn't there, so I walked round for ages looking for it feeling very foolish and so tired. I nearly decided the sensible thing to do would be to just go straight back to the airport, after all it was fast approaching 2am and I had to be back in the departure lounge for 8am! 6 hours to find my way around a hotel that big might not be enough time! 
Anyway I found it in the end.
I had a shower before bed, caught some Z's and then got in the shower to wake up at 7.30am.
The Cathay Pacific flight which I'm sat on now is very comfortable. They're a great company. I luckily have 2 sets next to the window to myself which is lovely for a 14 hour flight. I've watched a Leonardo Dicaprio film which was a little confusing but good. The guy sat in front of me has ants in his pants, causing my laptop to jump up and down. And I'm about to settle down with Hugh (Laurie of course). 
I'm upset now as I've competed season 6 of House and need to research whether there's in fact a season 7. It ended how I was hoping so I was happy! 
I then read for the rest of the journey. The books I'm reading at the moment are ver good I'm on the 2nd of the Larsson Trilogy. 
I landed at 3.40pm yesterday afternoon. My Dad was waiting for me at Arrivals with a really big 'Daddy hug' which I was in desperate need of! It was lovely to see him as always.
We spent the 2 and a half hours driving home talking and catching up. He dropped me off at my Mum's where I had a hot cup of tea, bath and was in bed by 9.30pm.
It's now 6.15am and I've woken up hungry and fweeeezing! It's so bloody cold here that I'm wearing all my clothes! …..Ok - slight exaggeration but I may as well be, I don't remember the last time I wore pyjamas and I've also got a hoody on, and neck length socks! I'm still cold :)
i've made cup of tea and some toast because my body thinks it's 2pm. I'm going to have a little read and  try and spend the rest of the day awake 
I'm looking at all my luggage and that all needs sorting through as well. Oh god I hate unpacking!
I'm going to cycle to my old school this afternoon and watch my 8 year old nephew play football for the first time. I can't wait to see my 4 nephews. 

Tags: bangkok, hong kong & uk, singapore, trat

About kerrysgarner


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.