Existing Member?

G'Lovers Travels

Last of the sea days :)

MALAYSIA | Wednesday, 10 November 2010 | Views [603]

Wednesday 10th Nov 2010

I've not written in a few days as not a lot's happened, I'm on board the ship and am currently on day 3 of 3 sea days. My location is 'Indian Ocean between Cochin & Langkawai (Malaysia)'

Sea days for us mean long hours. We're all putting in 110% at the moment as it's the last few days on board. We've been losing hours left right and centre as well as we have to be on correct local time once we get to our destination. Today is the last hour forward I believe, which makes us 7 hours ahead of UK time. We lose the hour at 2pm. It's surprising how much you miss that hour you know! It's usually my 'nap' time.

There was a top deck party last night which saw a lot of passengers enjoying themselves. At 10.30pm it decided to rain and although it wasn't cold by any means every one took cover (apart from a few of us nutters who decided to dance in it!) 

We have a few 'guest entertainers' on board with us now until Singapore and we're all familiar with each others company so we socialise with most of them:

Kev McCarthy (comedian) is a lovely man who has his wife Rita on board with him at the moment. (It's like having my Mum & Dad on board!!) They're good fun and join in with us.

The Chapman brothers are also around until the end and they're great as well. (if we doing the family comparison thing they're the 'annoying, fun little/big brothers!)

Judith Decorti is a physic who does seminars and talks to the passengers about finding your sixth sense. She seems nice enough I just don't really spend a great deal of time with her. 

I do however know Jaki Graham (80's soul sensation) from years ago when I worked at Butlins. We also worked together when Ocean Village started in 2003 and now here we are again sharing the final crossing together. She's on board with her lovely husband Tony.

I'll be adding to this blog all day today just to try and make it a reasonably interesting read! I'm off to train now as first thing in the morning is the only time I get to do it with all my hours during the day spent working!

It's now early afternoon and unfortunately the heavens decided to open just as I started to play cricket, with 7 passengers (all men) and the nutters stayed out in the rain. I came away when I felt I couldn't get any wetter. It would appear the weather's not all that it's cracked up to be in the Indian Ocean! it started raining about an hour ago and hasn't stopped! The decks are full of passengers reading and drinking coffee. It's supposedly due to stop within the next half an hour, we'll soon see……

8.20pm (ship time) 1.20pm (UK time) - It hasn't stopped raining all day! :( 

I'm not really that bothered by the wether as we work all day, but it makes the passengers a little upset therefore our job becomes harder because they complain. Here they are on a 3 or 4 week cruise to all these amazing destinations and they moan about the most trivial things. For example last week we had a 'sea food buffet' which was out of this world. King prawns the size of my face yet some woman insisted on moaning about the fact that the prawns weren't as big as last year!! How the bloody hell do you remember the size of a prawn you ate a year ago?!

None the less we're here to keep them happy so I'll keep smiling :)

About kerrysgarner


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.