Existing Member?

In A Life Time If you didn't know how old you were how old would you be?

Last leg, what more could you ask for?

CANADA | Friday, 7 March 2008 | Views [515]

So Canada Aeh! Well sadly it is time to leave the country of Mountains, Culture’s, Hockey, Snowboarding, Perogie’s, Hiking, Camping, Bears, Moose, Road trips and genuinely fun times red necking it.

I have completely enjoyed myself up here in the northern hemisphere were the people are not unlike the Aussie’s which always helps to make you feel at home. We all enjoy working hard and playing harder. Loving the outdoors and making the most of every opportunity.

It all started in Fernie B.C. for a winter of snowboarding. Causing trouble with my best bud Emma, making tons of mates along the way and with too many room mate’s to mention them all. From there I got convinced to stay for a summer and enjoyed laboring & the outdoors inc. jumping of 60 foot cliffs & bridges, hiking, wake boarding, biking, beer baseball and getting inspired to draw again. I felt like a kid again, if I hadn’t of ran out of money I probably wouldn’t off left and meet Guillaume in Fort McMurray. But that was after an unforgettable road trip to Alaska with Patto, Brendan, Myself & a Kiwi. Lots of Driving by me, Sleeping cramped in Eddie the van, Music to sing along to, Many photo moments, Many animal sighting’s, a mugging and a Black eye.

Next stop Fort McMurray with Leslie, oil capital of North America. What else can I say Ummmmm lots of $$$ hence why I was up here but really not all that much else going for the place. Everyone becomes a work horse due to that reason, which worked for me. Meet Guillaume at the employment center and ended up living with him and his three other Quebecwa’s, didn’t last long in the house with all of us before I ended up moving out with Guillaume. Leslie left she missed Fernie too much understandably. Steve stayed but was living in a different house. And the other two crazy’s well I steered clear of wanting to know what they were doing.

Next trip Quebec by road for Christmas three days of endless driving and lots of craziness. Just Me, Guillaume, Steve and the dog, Rockie! What can I say about Quebec? Beautiful, Quirky little homes, Skinny streets, French language (which I unfortunately don’t speak), Food fantastic food and a warm welcoming.

Another winter spent in Fernie in Quatrin Mannor with Guillaume & Jim my Roomie and our family down the hall Erin, M.J., Jez, Mel and Dennis. Definitely a change on last season with more movie nights and relaxing times. Without forgetting a long visit from Beau, Chris, Kaine, Ash, Dean and Jess all from home, however I did disappoint myself a bit here as I just didn’t spend anywhere near enough time with them as I would off liked. They say live with no regret but it’s not always possible.

After Fernie a last minute job came up working in a town called Skookumchuck on a tree farm. We lived in a little trailer village on their property. Surrounded by mountains it was spectacular and we grew very fond of our Jim and Louise. So honest, hard working and loving we wanted to work hard for them and we did. Me in my little red tractor, running like a Bambi through the Christmas trees and Guillaume on the bob cat. They have the perfect little life for themselves out there. One of those if I had a million $$$ situations.

Last Chapter, Fort McMoney again. Not too happy about the situation but it was the best solution myself and Guillaume could come up with for making money to get to Central and South America. So here we are since June working like you wouldn’t believe. I’m at Moxies serving and at the new station in town Mix103.7fm as office manager. Love everyone I work with and I have actually spent quite a lot of my time up here now so it’s given me time to get to know people and let them know me the way I thought travel would always be like. Guillaume’s working for Casman as a carpenter, enjoying it but is glad to see the end. Had another trip to Quebec this time doing the tourist thing, cottage, tube park, snowboarding, 4- wheeling, Montreal, Christmas and new year’s eve in New York.

Three weeks to wind it up, say our last goodbyes in Fernie, Calgary, Edmonton and Skookumchuck and jump on a flight to Guatamala City on March 24th.

xxxxx            

Tags: Adventures

About kellydunbar


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.