Existing Member?

Mis Aventuras

Finally in Cuenca!

ECUADOR | Tuesday, 27 March 2007 | Views [720] | Comments [7]

The beautiful view from my room in Patate.

The beautiful view from my room in Patate.

Yay! I am finally here. Today was my first day of classes ... and wow this is going to be a lot more difficult than I had anticipated.


My host family is great :) mi madre is a little bit overprotective and wouldn´t let me leave the house without her for awhile but I am finally allowed to walk home by myself (its only at 15 min walk haha)... so thats pretty neat ha. However, it is pretty cute how much she cares even though we´ve only known each other 3 or so days.

I have 2 host sisters that are around: jobita and nubia. jobita just had a baby that is only one month old!!! soooo adorable. her name is emilia and i pretty much love her and want to take her home with me.

I am finally starting to get adjusted to a few things: not throwing the toliet paper in the toilet (yeah, they don´t do that here), the altitude (we are at about 10,000 feet), eating dinner at 9pm and only eating a tiny bowl of soup, eating lunch at 2, and kissing on only one cheek to greet instead of the two we do in canada.

well gots to go!

Tags: Misadventures

Comments

1

awe im sooo jealous!! so i'm guessing you know your address now right?! could i get it?! im glad you are finally there and like your host people... i miss you though!!! write more later so i can get more jealous of you! miss ya!

  Allie Mar 27, 2007 12:07 PM

2

lol awww

don't get harmed.

  stevo Mar 28, 2007 4:06 AM

3

Kelly,
I'm so happy for you!! I hope you have the greatest time, take lots of pictures and come back to us safely!! Miss you, Love you, and praying for you!!!

  Amanda Mar 28, 2007 10:26 AM

4

Kelly....

It is so great to be able to hear what you are doing down there. I can just picture you walking around that beautiful place. I wish I could just hop on a plane and walk around it with you. It sounds amazing! Your host family sounds fun...

keep taking pictures, keep trying to call me, and keep having fun!

I love you, I miss you

  steph(mom) Mar 28, 2007 1:54 PM

5

Hey hey Kelly!
It sounds like you are having a blast and loving there :) I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to do lunch before spring break but I'm so glad your really liking all your new experiences. I miss you! Have a great time and take it all in!

~ Best Wishes ~

  Jessica Mar 29, 2007 12:26 PM

6

Kelly I am so excited to hear about your experience, and Im glad that you are choosing to see the positive side to everything. It looks absolutly gorgeous there and I have to say that I'm pretty jealous that you get to live with a baby!!! Hold her extra long for me k. Gosh I really miss you and I cant wait to live with you next year (sorry I say that so much I am just so excited) I LOVE YOU!

  Katie Mar 30, 2007 10:50 PM

7

Kelly,

Your pictures and comments are beautiful enjoy every minute. See you this summer.

Love Ya,

Shirley

  Shirley Apr 15, 2007 6:38 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.