Existing Member?

Cambodia/Vietnam Adventure

Hanoi

VIETNAM | Thursday, 12 April 2007 | Views [447] | Comments [3]

We arrived from Siem Reap and met up with our tour guide Phiem, his english was very good! he told us lots of jokes and how to speak in Vietnamese... we went to opur hotel it was called the Galaxy hotel it was very nice.
the next morning i had realised i had lost my wellet i was freaking out big time!! but it all turned out good the teachers really were supportive and done everything they could do.

We had some room changes and i was then with mal not wit kayla new roomie!!the first morning in hanoi was a early one and we went to see Ho Chi Minh masoleum this was where he has been preserved for many years since his death. We then walked around the musuem and seen his house were he had lived and his bomb shelter.
Next we went to visit the old jail "Hilton" it was were all the prisoners were kept during the war, then we went to have some lunch at a famous restaurant. Our tour guide ordered the food so we were able to try some authentic vietnamese dishes. Was very interesting. We Went for a cycleo ride through the Old Quater then to the water pupet show, and out to dinner.
The next morning was an early, we had some breakfast and off to Halong Bay, for the whole day.It was a three hour bus trip out to the bay and back and we ate lunch whilst on the water that was fun. When we got back we packed all our stuff, so that we could catch the train to sapa. It was an over night train and it was four people to a room well you cant really call it a room more like a box...It was fun though.
Hanoi was overall fun but we didnt have enough time for shopping and looking around we only spent a few days there.

  Written by Danae (and Kayla) 

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the journey. I hope that you didn't have to share the train sleeper with Mr. Kelly!!! Enjoy every moment of your trip and look forward to hearing about all your adventures.

  Mr Mal Apr 12, 2007 9:53 PM

2

We miss u little bro! sounds like u are having a great time! u forgot to mention u had a massarge, and we are still waiting for our post cards! naughty naughty. HOD HOD! we will explain the meaning of hod hod when u get back. there are so many yellow cars and beakons here squirt, its hilarious. Vivs was great fun wish u were here, but hey u got a better offer. We miss you! Love Bro'Town and Sweden xox

  Marissa and Eva Apr 13, 2007 1:19 PM

3

poookies!!

im missink u soo damn much!!

especially in perth...

but i woulda soo rather be in vietnam wid u hehe

u lukki bitch

i wish i has $$$!!

well yehh

sounds like ur havin an awesome time

jealous much?!?!?!?!?!

love u foreverrr couz!

xoxoxoxoxoxox

  Karleneeee Apr 15, 2007 5:27 PM

About kayla_n_danae


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.