Existing Member?

Cambodia/Vietnam Adventure

Cambodia

CAMBODIA | Thursday, 12 April 2007 | Views [374] | Comments [1]

so far we spent 4 days in cambodia. was absolutely amazing. visited many sites! started by visiting angkor wat. was extremely interesting ... very hot though! continued the day by visiting the ancient city of angkor thom. and ended the day by visiting one last temple surrounded by forest. We went out for dinner that night at 'Khmer Kitchen' ... we went by tuk tuk. we had a race and lost!

started the next day by visiting a land mine museum. very sad. afterwards we were able to do a bit of shopping at some local markets. later that day we went by boat on 'tonle sap' lake to see a floating village.

we began the last day with a tour of Para's (Mr Malones & yr 8's sponsor kid) pagoda which was shown to us by MR Gooding who is now living in Cambodia. Afterwards we visited a local orphanage. It became the highlight of our trip. All the people there were so welcoming. We played games with the kids and gave them presents. They were so appreciative. This is the place where the money from world nomads will be spent on desks for the orphans. "THANKS TO WORLD NOMADS". Afterwards we went back to the hotel with para ... chilled out for a while and had a swim before we had to check out and leave to board our plane for Vietnam (HANOI).

Was an amazing four days ... learned and experienced alot ... would love to go back someday!

WRITTEN BY: Kayla (and Danae)

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

i like the name waa waa

  Nick Apr 21, 2007 3:09 PM

About kayla_n_danae


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.