Existing Member?

Cambodia/Vietnam Adventure

First Day-

CAMBODIA | Saturday, 7 April 2007 | Views [437] | Comments [3]

This morning we had to get up early to go to our school and catch a bus to the airport!! we all said our goodbyes and hit the road. we started our adventure...arrived at sydney airport and checked in our bags then went through customs and all those things, then done some duty free shopping and got some breakfast. We boarded our 8 hour plane flight all excited not knowing what was ahead of us. During our flight we watched some movies, got fed alot, and laughed the whole way. WAS FUN!!when we were getting off the plane to go onto the buus it was so hot and everyone was in a hurry to get off and kayla was freeeeeeking out because we couldnt see anyone from our school and wanted to get back onto the plane. Once we arrived in vietnam we had to stay in tansit so that we could fly to cambodia. The teachers organised our tickets for the next flight and lucky me got put next to kayla again! (i got the window twice.) we landed in cambodia and thought we were going to have a smooths landing but kayla jinxed us and it was a rough landing, thanx kayla! we got off the plane and walked across the tarmack into a building(cant call it much of an airport) then we had to fill out these immigration cards to enter cambodia and stupid me sat in water! We had to wait so long to go through immigrations and then got our bags luckily they were all there!!!!! After picking up our bags we walked back outside into the heat to meet our tour guide PAT. we had to put out luggage on the back of a truck and then get into a bus we watched our bags go past us with men sitting on our luggage when we were travelling to the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel. pat said there was no power because the hotel had run out of petrol. i thought he was joking but he wasnt we were sitting in the dark for half an hour and then finally the lights came on and we got allocated rooms!! by this time everyone was so tired and hot. some people went for a swim and others just showerd and went to bed! like us! it wa a great trip and im lloking forward to all the good times we have over here!

Written by Danae Pikkat (and Kayla Newell)

Tags: Airports

Comments

1

sounds like u had a great trip over there, we were all reading ur blog and all laughing at ur misfourtunes haha. there is like so many people here in perth but i bet u are having a much better time in nam and cambodia! make sure u keep blogging since we can now find ur blog and i think mummy is about to cry becuase she heard from you, but then again she just toldme she isnt, how rude! i miss u my little squirt! Love ya! Bro'Town xox

  Marissa aka Bro'Town Apr 8, 2007 6:12 PM

2

many many thanks for that most descriptive and interesting introduction to the beginning of your excursion. looking forward to hearing all the exciting news about the rest of your adventure.

love PAPA

  max kurz Apr 12, 2007 12:06 PM

3

HI kayla - sounds like u guys are having a great time!!! cant wait to hear all about your adventure and see all photos - all's well at home - looking after omama for you!!! did you hear arielle broke her arm first week of hols!!!? Jacob and steve came for a night this week - had fun.... see you soon lots of luv and kisses aunty nic, arielle, thomas and uncle wayne

  Aunty Niccla Apr 19, 2007 1:19 PM

About kayla_n_danae


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.