Existing Member?

Tree's Thai Travels

Tuk - Tuks and Temples

THAILAND | Friday, 26 April 2013 | Views [253]

Had a relatively good night’s sleep last night considering I was in a hostel, didn't get woken that many times. 

Had a bit of an explore today, went on a tuk tuk with some of the people from the hostel it cost 40THB or 88p between 7 of us. They took us to loads of places; saw some very pretty and inspiring temples. They really were beautiful and the atmosphere just felt so peaceful, it truly was lovely. We also had to go to various shops so the tuk tuk drivers could get their commission. Lots of pressure to buy from them!! 

Then did a little bit of shopping and worked on my bartering skills, the zip on my bag broke but I managed to get a new one and shave 230TBH off the price :) Go me!!

Had some delicious chicken fried rice in a little restaurant for 35THB or 77p it was lush and so crazily cheap. 

The weather has been very hot, even hotter than yesterday and the skies are so blue. The people here are so friendly I can understand why it is called the land of smiles :) 

 

About katrina_curtis89


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.