Existing Member?

On our travels.....

South Australia

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 23 May 2014 | Views [293] | Comments [1]

Day 4

Distance from Origin 2,180km

Distance to Destination 3,050km

 

We made it to Adelaide!! We were actually only planning to make it as far as Mt Gambier today but when we arrived there didn't seem like there was a lot happening so Dad drove the extra 5 hours in to Adelaide.

From Wilson's Promontory we drove past Melbourne and onto the Great Ocean Road. There are some beautiful spots along the way. We took 2 days, stopping at a motel in a nice little place called Apollo Bay last night. happily there was a little life after 7pm and we sat in the pub for a couple of hours - although I did find myself counting the women we were so outnumbered.

This morning we drove to Cape Otway where there is a lighthouse built by a Scotsman called Stevenson (those of you more learned than me will know this man to be famous for building many lighthouses and for being the father of Robert Louis). Highlight of the trip so far though was on the way down to the lighthouse we saw a Koala just strolling across the road.... i tried to get a pic but didn't do very well. Next stop was the 12 apostles..... Stunning view from the cliffs - you can see from the pics how windy it was!

So this evening Dad is off exploring and I ordered pizza in - not like us at all :)

Tomorrow we are going to spend a little time in Adelaide and then drive up to the Barossa to visit a few of the vineyards. 

night x

Comments

1

Enjoy your stay in Adelaide :) Visit the coast if you can :)

  charming May 24, 2014 5:52 AM

About katkelley


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.