Existing Member?

It All Started With Asia the Strange When the Chinese stop making you laugh, it's time to go home." I made it home after an exhausting 6 months then lived in Mexico for 2 years, before making England my temporary home. But don't be fooled by this seemingly one-place-kind-gal attitude...

Cambodia and Vietnam Were Visited

MEXICO | Tuesday, 1 April 2008 | Views [604]

We did go to Cambodia, where among other things, I crashed a Vietnamese wedding and spent three unforgettable days exploring the temple of Angkor Wat, and Vietnam, where I experienced the bliss that is rapelling in the lush jungles of Dalat and travelled solo for a few days until I met up with an Israeli buddy who I met initially in Siem Reap. There were amazing tales to be told of those two countries - not so much for the sights we saw but mostly for the people we met and travelled with. Jess filled her days travelling with Graham until they parted ways in Hanoi, where he flew back to Perth and we flew back to Beijing to hang out with a friend, load up on pirated movies, and buy shoes, and I travelled through most of Cambodia and Vietnam with people I met along the way. It was an incredible experience to be southern SE Asia also, but it's too far gone now to recount all of the gory details as I did with China and Laos. I'm sad for this in a way because I like to record everything, but essentially I was having too much fun to sit down and put it all down.

This is kind of a pathetic written conclusion for what was a trip of a lifetime but I guess at the end of the day, you can't spend all of your time trying to record everything that happens otherwise you'll miss out on the happenings themselves! It's all in my head somewhere, so I'll just have to trust that my memory really is as capable as I hope it is. 

About katiedoestheworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.