Existing Member?

Katie_Louise "The only people for me are the mad ones" - Jack Kerouac

Yes, I am still alive and currently in Paris

FRANCE | Thursday, 20 August 2009 | Views [439] | Comments [1]

So sorry I havent wrote in ages !

The last few weeks have been fairly chaotic. There was the problems getting out of Kosovo ... The main one being we didnt actually want to leave.  Then missed trains in Bosnia and 24 hours worth of frantic training across Europe yto arrive in Krakow to arrive for Jennys pa and nephews visit.

Krakow was if course as fun as it always is. Met some right characters including a rather racist Romanian man and the legend that is Crazy Java (he is a bad man who keeps you out til 5 in the morning dancing and drinking vodka).
There was some fun cross country hitching from Krakow to Warsaw, where me and Jenny began couch surfing... Many fun nigts out with hosts and lovely breakfasts!

Horrible over night bus to Hamburg ! But Hamburg was fantastic... Beatles museum inparticular is amazing if you ever get the chance to go there !

Successul day of hitching to Dusselforf then onto Paris with a Polish trucker (we ctually got to sit up front with him...It was rather fun) then a drugged up morrocon who was quite terrifying butr got us to paris safely (suprisingly)

So now we are in Paris, sightseeing, lazing in parks on sunny days and picnicing at night with french folk who play guitars whilst we all eat cheese and baguettes and drink wine.

Sorry this is so brief but internet here is frightfully expensive and there is far to much to do here and not enough time.

xx

 

Comments

1

Woo, an update! I was almost beginning to feel like I wasn't along with you! hehe

xx

  Kell Aug 21, 2009 9:23 AM

About katie_louise


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.