Existing Member?

Katie_Louise "The only people for me are the mad ones" - Jack Kerouac

Bosnia ... My new favourite country !

BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA | Friday, 17 July 2009 | Views [772]

We arrived in Bosnia yesterday. My clothes were stuck to me. Its actually reached 40 degrees mid day now. Thats not right at all =(

Bosnia is awesome to drive through for all the wrong reasons. When you look out the window on the bus you can see signs of the last was everywhere. Houses which have been abandoned with caved in roofs and bullet holes and shrapnel marks along the walls of most houses. Its fascinating to look at but so sad.

We are staying in Mostar for a few nights. This town is of course famous for its 25m high bridge which mad men dive from into the cold waters for money.
The hostel we are at is fantastic. Hostel Dino. Its ran by Dino who likes to wake you up in the morning by bringing you coffee and water in bed.
Its really clean and so so friendly.

last night we went out for some food with 2 Slovenian lads (one is easily the funniest person I have ever met in my life and has memorised whole sections from Trainspotting with a perfect accent) and an American man who works as a TV presenter in germany.
After food it was onto a bar where I finally managed to finish that litre of beer i couldnt manage in Munich...fair enough I may have spent a number of hours on this one but I finished it !
We met up with various other folks, a swede and a bloke from Lebanon and moved on to a club. The first one was so packed that you dance in the street to Bosnian pop hits. That was a strange experience.
After that it was onto this place called Open Sesame which is a cave with a club in it. The water from the roof of the cave drips on you and you sometimes bang your head but apart from that its awesome.
We danced until four and then attempted to walk back home along the killer cobblestones which are here !
The club was filled with various maniacs...There was the man in a "Gigolo Latino" T shirt and bum bag. The scary Arabic man that danced on his own. The best was the Bosnian with the strongest Dublin accent. Although that was fantastic ! I thought he was actually Irish until he started speaking to his friend.

Today has been filled with much lazing about complaining of the heat but we did get to see some men jump off the bridge and a Mosque. That was cool.

I am off now, its not air conditioned in the computer room so I have once again started to melt.

 

About katie_louise


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bosnia & Herzegovina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.