Existing Member?

Finally, my trip begins...

New York, New York!

USA | Tuesday, 6 December 2005 | Views [394] | Comments [6]

New York is great, bloody cold, it's snowing right now, which is  beautiful! I went to fifth ave, central park and times square  today. I walked from my hostel through central park over to fifth  ave. It was a lot further than I thought it would be, but good to  look at! I went shopping on 5th ave, went to FAO schwartz the  massive toy store, bought a few little somethings. Bought myself some gloves, jeans and a scarf from GAP,  nice cheapish stuff. Had lunch (sushi and a hot chocolate) at Dean  and Delucas(which you've probably heard of). Then went to Times  Square, lined up to get Chicago tickets, only to discover even with  the 50% discount they were $58 which was a little out of my budget,  but I think I will go when I come back to NY next time. It looks  brilliant. So yeah, pretty much just went in and out of every shop  on fifth ave and around times square. Went to Hersheys, Tiffany (I SOOO can't afford a THING in there!), Saks, FAO, Abercrombie and  Fitch, Gucci, Pucci, Harry Winston, NBC and lots more.
I went to the Rockefeller Centre, whcih is an ice skating rink  during winter, its got the biggest christmas tree you've ever seen.  The whole of NY is lit up for christmas, its breathtaking. I took  loads of photos so i'll get them online soon. At Saks 5th Ave, a  department store, they have light snow flakes on the outside, and at night it is a light show, complete with music and everything.
Anyways, that's about it. I have to leave quite early in the  morning to get to the train station unfortunately, but at least now  I kind of know what to look at next time. OOh one more thing, the  cartier store is COVERED inn little red present boxes. it's soo  cool. Also, you know how we have the david jones chrissy windows?  Well Macy's do that as well..soo much better than ours!
Thats about it really. I'm ok, pretty lonely, but I've gotten good  at asking people on the street to take my photo..mind you I asked 2  people today and they were BOTH australian! haha
Caught my first NY subway today too...surprisingly good, just like  a train really! Not sure what I was expecting though....

I had dinner tonight at a stereotypical ny diner with a girl I met  in Los Angeles, who happens to be at a hostel near me so that was  nice for company. She's from Gladstone, so yeah it was good. MInd you the meals were so big, neither of us got halfway through  them, it was nice to have read food tho. In LA I only had 2min  noodles and a bagel with cheese!

Otherwise all is good, not really looking forward to a 12hour bus trip to get to Canada, but cannot wait to see everyone there. Christmas without my family is going to be incredibly difficult, but I'm glad I'm not just with some random backpackers and I will actually get a good meal with a family and all.

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

miss you too dad

  dad Dec 9, 2005 10:08 AM

2

Hey Sheen!!...hahah how good are the meals in the states..its the only time ive ever been full;-)...miss u heaps!!!!

  Matt Dec 9, 2005 10:22 AM

3

Hey Sheeny!!!!! We all miss u heaps!!!! ur rooms great but really noisy and HOT!!!!!! The house is really weird without you theres like no one at our house!!! im getting lonely without you i dont think I realised how much I was going to miss you when you left! miss ya heaps Georgie

  georgie Dec 12, 2005 10:07 PM

4

Kat, I'm in jail and need bail money urgently...

  Bennett Dec 15, 2005 9:53 AM

5

Im at your house!!!...chattin with George and we were just wondering whether or not u have seen any chinese midgets!!!..im asking your )sis maddy) for cooking tips cause im battling!!!....missing u heaps luv MBUT

  MBUT Dec 18, 2005 5:00 PM

6

!! NEWSBREAK !! Team Alanah decimated in final weeks of Charo Trivia! "A team spokesman said the departure abroad of their key player known as "The Kat" was responsible for their lacklustre performance. Their competitors believe it was the loss of her brilliant play at crucial moments that led to Team Alanah falling apart. The Kat's teamates are adamant it was their having to consume Kat's normal share of the refreshments that was responsible." reuters

  Marty's Folly Jan 2, 2006 3:10 PM

About kathleen_brady


Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.