Existing Member?

Sweden

First week in Sweden

SWEDEN | Wednesday, 27 December 2006 | Views [1010]

Hello All,

Since arriving Sweden, the past week has been spent with family and friends. All of Antons friends are very nice! They have all made me feel so welcome!

Most of our days have been spent going into town,having 'Fika´(coffee)with the family, and walking the dogs. When Anton and I were in town a couple of days ago, i met the first foreigner in this town! He was from america and travelling up from Denmark. (I thought i was the only backpacker in this town). We have both been invited to a wedding in January. It will take place in Göthenberg, the second biggest city in Sweden. I am really looking forward to it. All of Antons friends will be there and we are all staying over night in Gothenberg.

Christmas Eve is the big celebration here. It was such a lovely day. In the morning we went to Antons cousins' house for lunch. It has been unusually warm here for this time of year! It was around 7degrees on christmas eve. Anton and his Dad jumped in the lake! They were FREEZING! 

  In the afternoon we went back to Antons place. Antons grandparents and aunty (mothers side) have been staying here for the week. We all had dinner and then gave out presents. Antons Dad dressed up as santa and gave out some of the presents. It was really funny. I got sooo spoilt by Antons parents! They got me so much! I tried all the swedish traditional food on the christmas table. They have 'sill' wich is raw fish in a jar. Its a very strong taste and very yuk!

On Christmas night Anton and I went to his friends apartment for a few drinks. It was fun. However i am still struggling a little with my swedish! We are all going to the mountains in two days for a week to ski. We are all hoping there will be enough snow on the mountains!

Anton and I are still deciding on a city in Sweden to move too. In january we are travelling to London, Rome and Paris. Cant wait!!

I have attached some more photos! There should be more but i keep on forgetting my camera most places i go!!

 Merry Christmas to everyone!!! Hope all is well!

Miss you all,

Kate

Tags: Family

About katedwyer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Sweden

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.