Existing Member?

Adventures of a RedHead

Day 2- Get out of Bed and explore

USA | Tuesday, 7 May 2013 | Views [366] | Comments [3]

My first full day in London, I decided to go outside and find a bus tour (suggestion by my mother and it was a great one!!) On this tour, I saw the Marble Arch, Hyde Park, Tower of London, the royal garden, Buckinegham palace, London Eye, London tower, London Bridge, Westminster Abby, Parliment, Shakespears Globe, The city of Westminster (where my hostel was), Londonium city, London City, Grovesnor buildings and streets along with every other major landmark in London. The tour ended on the other side of London. I was so overwhelmed by everything I had just explored that tears began to run down my face. These tears were different from the day before. These were tears of pure happiness. To try and soak in as much as the culture as I could, I had fish and chips next to the tower of London. While eating, I thought "God! I wish my family was here with me. My mom would be saying 'this is just perfect! This is all I wanted the whole trip.' and my dad would probably be saying 'Jesus H Frog! Look at all these damn people! Well, I'm not going in there until it dies the hell down!"

 

When I finished eating my Lupper (lunch + Supper), I proceeded to the second part of the tour, a short 14 minute cruise. I'm not sure one can even really call it a cruise... it wasn't long enough but, the bathroom was broken so I guess it had some similarities to a recent cruise. I saw many of the same monuments but, it was nice to hear different commentary. Luckily, it started to rain so that made the boat tour more exciting! I've never seen so many people move so quickly to get out of the rain.... PEOPLE!!!??? We are floating on water! What's the difference!!!!

 

Back to the hostel for a rest and a shower.

I definately had more confidence after that tour and decided to go get dinner and try a different part of the city. Well, I found the "middle eastern" section of town. It kind of reminded me of a ghetto in New York so of course I stopped to eat there! Indian food is amazing, let me just say. This was the real deal. I hadn't eaten food this good since my sister's mendi party!! Also, quick side note: Indian men LOVE Red headed american women. Many offered to be my personal tour guide through the underground city (non tourist parts). I politely declined and then RAN back to my hostel to research the next day's adventure and how the HECK I was going to get there.

 

By the way, while I was researching, I over heard two Austrailians talking about their travels. Chloe, 23, has been traveling for 18 months and has no desire to go home yet (She got a liberty tshirt, pop). Kyle, 24, has been traveling for 5 weeks. I felt a little ashamed that I was so upset the night before and that morning.

 

Comments

1

Mmmm, fish and chips, with malted vinegar right? I wish we were there too sweetheart!

Have a pint for we will you lass?

Jesus Frog's middle initial stands for Holahan.

dad-b

  Dad-B May 11, 2013 8:14 AM

2

Damn right the frog is a Holahan!!! N the pint... yeah I can handle that :)

  red head of terror May 11, 2013 8:29 AM

3

Sounds like things picked up after a rough start. Hope you brought plenty of Liberty Homes shirts to spread aroung England!

  Frank May 11, 2013 11:17 PM

About kate_holla86


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.