Existing Member?

The Big Splurge Canada Adventure

One week to go

SPAIN | Wednesday, 8 July 2009 | Views [410] | Comments [2]

sprained ankle

sprained ankle

My last week at work! The girls are still away in the land of rock climbing and canoeing, supposedly bivouacing tonight which no doubt means they'll return scarred from head to toe in mosquito bites. After rejoicing in their absence for the first week, I'm now starting to miss them (though Angus - a.k.a. hopalong -read on) reckons that'll wear off by about 2pm Saturday (we collect them at 1).

Long John Barclay and I were out at Ceni last weekend: saturday was a little "varied". The day started with me being breathalysed outside Sotillo -I guess I was one of the few people who's just got out of bed at 8.55 on a Saturday morning, while the rest of the world is weaving home from a long night out. I shook like a leaf remembering the previous night's gin and wine, but was pronounced "cero cero" and fit to drive (which shows he's never seen me attempt to park in the centre of madrid). We then had a very plesant 3 hour hike in the  hills to the Majalobos river, unfortunately culminating in Mr B spraining his ankle. We carried on with the day, cooling off at a nearby pool and going on to lunch at a restaurant run by one or our teachers' parents - to eat a fab 3 courser for 15€ & be treated like royalty, but by evening the ankle was definitely swollen so first thing Sunday morning we were off to Cadalso medical centre and since then... well we all know what men are like as (im)patients.

On the holiday prep front, we now have insurance (hooray!), new cagoules (super sexy  -not!), a not very appetising destination temperature of between 10 & 18ºC and a day kayaking trip booked which promises sightings of eagles, bears, seals and whales and guarantees that I won't be able to even lift a beer the following day.

That's it for now.

Comments

1

Oh the joys of modern technology - no more boring slide shows after the event and no need for postcards that arrive after the end of the holiday!
We hope you have a great time, and we look forward to hearing more about the trip while it is actually happening, rather than waiting till afterwards.
Love,
A & J.

  Alan Pickering Jul 14, 2009 6:31 AM

2

This is great - looking forward to reading all about your adventures and finding out if I have to finish global alone or not!

  Jackie Jul 16, 2009 10:37 PM

About katang

moose

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.