Existing Member?

Karen and Cheri's best exotic Indian adventure Karen and Cheri are roughing it for two weeks in Rajasthan.

Day 12 - travel to Udaipur

USA | Wednesday, 19 November 2014 | Views [187]

At the lake palace - Udaipur

At the lake palace - Udaipur

After another morning bike ride we packed up and said goodbye to our beautiful haven in the hills. Along the road to Udaipur we stopped at several Hindu temples, still learning about this fascinating culture and history.  It helps that our guide is a Hindu named after the first god.  He is also of the warrier clan, so he keeps us very well protected.  Honestly we haven't felt unsafe at any time on this journey, the biggest fear is being crashed into by a cow, truck or scooter, or falling down a ditch or twisting an ankle on broken pavement.  

We arrived at yet another beautiful palace just before sunset.  It is the Lake Palace owned by the King of Udaipur.  Many of the scene from James Bond's Octopussy were shot here.  We are slap dab in the middle of the lake, accessible only by boat.  Rather opulent really, but you can't get sick of this beauty.  

Awaking this morning to the sun rising over the city palace and a million pigeons perching along the courtyard walls. 

About karenleslieburns


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.