Existing Member?

Karen and Cheri's best exotic Indian adventure Karen and Cheri are roughing it for two weeks in Rajasthan.

Day 9 - Shopping in Jodhpur and dining like royalty

USA | Monday, 17 November 2014 | Views [208]

Karen and Cheri go to Bollywood

Karen and Cheri go to Bollywood

After another delicious breakfast poolside, we set out on foot into the markets of Jodhpur.   Our first stop was the spice shop operated by two sisters who are carrying on the family tradition.  We bought teas and spice mixes and some real saffron, hoping we encounter no problems bringing them back home in our bags.  

We had a very entertaining demonstration from the "Hermes guy" selling cashmere throws, blankets and scarves.  His former customers include Brad Pitt and Richard Gere he claims.  Next we were on to the Sari shops to chose our garments for the evenings dinner at Mehrangarh Fort over looking the blue city.

We were visited in our rooms by hotel assistants who draped and pinned our saris on us.  Feeling like queens we proceeded up the hill in our fleet of tuk-tuks to the palace that was now closed to the public, so that we could enjoy our private tour of the inner chambers and enjoy a most magnificent view from the fort ramparts high above.  We dined on the terrace by starlight and candlelights served by our turbined friends in traditional Indian fashion.

It was fabulous!

About karenleslieburns


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.