Existing Member?

Karen and Cheri's best exotic Indian adventure Karen and Cheri are roughing it for two weeks in Rajasthan.

Day 7 - Elephants in the bush

USA | Monday, 17 November 2014 | Views [180]

Elephant ride to tribal council

Elephant ride to tribal council

Jaipur has been a fun shopping experience.  We've haggled in the jewellery markets and gone crazy in the linen and textiles stores.  The antique market is fantastic, chock-a-block full of treasures from the Jaipur palace.  The vendors are very pushy there, but it's worth the agravation to experience the Persian rug sales pitches.

To top off our time in Jaipur we were treated to an elephant safari and dinner we will never forget.  After a tour of the Amer Fort, an immense former palace high on the hillside out of town, we wound our way through a charmingly colorful and lively village and out to the bush camp where our Asian elephants were waiting to transport us at sunset along a bush trail to a beautiful outdoor clearing with a patio lit by torches and fire pits.  We dined on an all organic Indian feast prepared table side by our personal chef and local farmer.  An Indian musician played a traditional instrument nearby for our listening pleasure.  It was a beautiful experience under the stars we will never forget.

About karenleslieburns


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.