Existing Member?

Kaitie & Caroline's Epic Journey of Super Awesomeness!

Valentine's Day in SIngapore + Chinese New Year!

SINGAPORE | Thursday, 4 March 2010 | Views [354]

What is there really to say about SIngapore...its cool if you have money but unfortunately we do not thus singapore was a failure! on top of the fact that the Universal Studios was not yet opened and the backstreet boys were coming a week after we left. We were thoroughly disappointed. However we did have a nice romantic valentines day date as we went to see Valentine's Day at the movie theatre with all the lovely couples. Please note Valentin'e day In SIngapore is on steroids! All the women get flowers and presents from their significant others and walk around the whole day with them and every restaurant had valentine's day themes. Apparently it is not normal for two girls to go out together on valentine's day as we kept getting very inquisitive looks and it was not because we were white this time lol

To add to Singapore's expensiveness we were stupid and got stuck there for longer than we wanted because we did not know that 75% of their population is CHinese and they really enjoy celebrating their Chinese New Year. It was double the price to leave SIngapore as it was to enter it. NOT COOL! However we finally got out of there with a few dollars to spare (BARELY). We did make a wise investment though in buying a laptop just so that we could indulge all of our avid readers with our tales on a more regular basis (well we will try at least). We actually got it because spending money on internet cafes over and over again to do research on the different places we were going became to ridiculous for our likings.

So after blowing all this money we thought it was appropriate to go check out the FOUNTAIN OF WEALTH (apparently the largest fountain in the world). It looked like a giant copper toilet. IT was much more of a waterfall than a fountain because it did not have water shooting up like cool fountains do. Thus kaitie and Caroline were NOT IMPRESSED. However we still walked around it three times, clockwise just in case it lived up to its name! Travelling is expensive and well we are still waiting LOL.

We went to see where the Chinese New Year celebrations were to be held unfortunately in true kaitie and caroline style we were way too sick to go see the fireworks. And we were not in the mind state what so ever to handle that kind of crowd.

All in all Singapore is beautifully expensive. Kaitie and Caroline=poor thus Kaitie and caroline does not = Singapore!

 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.