Existing Member?

juliep2

Dublin - Day 3

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 4 July 2007 | Views [659]

Sun. July 1. We let ourselves sleep in a little...9am. We pack all of our stuff into our backpacks and checked out of the hostel. We went looking for a cheap place to have some breakfast at about 10am. Yay right...there's nothing reasonably priced there. We finally found a place called O'Brian's where we got a bagel and cream cheese.

After a short breakfast, the four of us, Christie, Kati, Alex, and I walked around the downtown, city center fo Dublin. We walked along the shops, and of course picked up some little gifts. Next we walked to the 'Smallest Bar in Dublin'...it was really small, well what we saw of it, the front door. It only holds 12 people in the bar. Next stop was a huge park. There was a statue of Oliver somthing (he was a writer). We took a picture with him on the rock. Then we walked to another area and saw Martha M , she sold crakles and clams during the day and was a hooker at night. She is Dublin'funny story and most everyone knows about her; there's even a popular Irish song about her.

Next we all went to Christie's parents' flat, where they served us homemade chilli and beer...i had a Guinness!! We had the chance to feel  like we were at home and everyone was from America!!! It was much needed! They live in a building that 1st was used as the Swidish Embassy, then the British Embasy, and now it was turned into multiple flats. The gardens around the building was so pretty. There was one area that was filled with only roses!!! While we were there, Justin Timberlake was doing sound checks for his concert later that night. It was less than a half mile away, so we could hear everything!

After Christie's house we left for the airport. Getting to the airport was somewhat of a challenge as well. We found the right bus stop for the bus that goes back and forth between town and the airport, but the bus never came. It was suppose to be there every 10-15 minutes and we waited for a little over an hour before we hailed a cab and shared it with a couple that was by us. We made safely back to London and suprisingly, no on check our IDs, not even our passports! It was a great trip all together!!! (I think Christie is going to try and join us for some of our up coming trips.)

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.