Existing Member?

Revolution All Around: Documenting Israeli Identity in 2011 'Documenting my Documentation' (try saying that five times fast.)

Angry, scared, and sad

USA | Friday, 16 November 2012 | Views [296]

My friend David said it better than I could:

"Seven years ago Israel withdrew from every square inch of Gaza. Hamas took over the areas vacated and rather then build a better future for the residents of Gaza, Hamas - backed by Iran - turned Gaza into a terrorist stronghold. They fired thousands of rockets at Israeli cities, towns, and citizens. They've smuggled thousands of rockets and missiles into Gaza and deliberately placed these rockets and missiles in civilian areas (in homes, schools, and near hospitals). This year alone they fired over 1000 rockets and missile into Israel, including over 200 in the last 24 hours. I'm stressing this because its important to understand one simple point. There is no moral symmetry and equivalence between Israel and the terrorist organizations in Gaza. The terrorists are committing a double war crime. They fire at Israeli civilians and hide behind palestinian civilians. And by contrast, Israel takes every measure to avoid civilian casualties. Hamas deliberately target Israeli children and they deliberately place their rockets next to their children. Despite this reality, Israel will continue to do everything in their power to avoid civilian casualties."

I just hope my Israeli friends are okay. No one should have to live in a constant state of battle. People need to stop dehumanizing my friends. It's not okay.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.