Existing Member?

Revolution All Around: Documenting Israeli Identity in 2011 'Documenting my Documentation' (try saying that five times fast.)

News Updates in Brief

USA | Saturday, 3 September 2011 | Views [372]

Hi everyone,


I know there hasn't been a whole lot of action on this blog for awhile, but with the beginning of school and being in that in-between time between pitching stories and producing stories, there's not a lot to tell. Here's just a round-up of the latest news tidbits out of Israel.

1) The official Gaza Blockade report shows that although the Israeli soldiers used excessive force, they were acting in self defense and the act was, in fact, legal.

2) There are major protests planned for the entire country in about 24 hours, despite the fact that the government has warned that there is a major threat of terrorist attacks in the south (which could affect Be'er Sheva, Eilat, Ashdod, Sderot...the usual places.)

3) The UN Palestinian statehood bid is fast approaching; September 20th.

If anything large happens, I'll post on that. Til then, I'm just transcribing away (finally bought a pair of good headphones for my computer! I had no idea how beautiful my recordings were--quality wise--until I listened through those headphones. Glorious, I tell you!)

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.