Existing Member?

Lost in a big world

Another KL stopover

MALAYSIA | Sunday, 25 January 2009 | Views [908]

After Phuket I flew down to Kuala Lumpur for a 1.5 day stopover on my way to Australia. After having a lot of trouble finding my hotel, I eventually found it and it turned out to be a nice and friendly place just behind the new mall (Times Square). There were in fact 4 large malls within 3 blocks, which was good for me since I had to buy another Camera. I spent all of the first day shopping for a camera, but I eventually settled on one. I then had a lot of fun taking photos in the mall. Kuala lumpur is so multicultural that the outfits and mix of peoples are fun to photograph.

The next day I went to Batu caves, a hindu site in some caves near town with a guy from my hotel. The caves were very cool, but the best thing was that there were all these small monkeys all over the place. There even was one carrying a tiny baby.

After the caves, I got lunch and went to the Islamic art museum (very nice) and then walked around town a bit.There was a lovely lake and park near the museums, but for some reason there was almost no one there.

But alas, my time in Asia was over for now. I was ready to head to Australia for new years.

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.